Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nutshell

This time of year is always crunch time. Being a teacher, I am perpetually "in school" and have been going by almost the same calendar since I have been 5. My year consists of 2 glorious months off and 9 on, with weeks here and there for holidays and testing. At the end of each semester, though, comes that old familiar feeling...that i'm not going to get it all done in time, that i'm not going to prepare my students like I should, that something is going to go wrong that i'm not worrying about. I handle this in 2 ways- worry and denial. Usually it seems i'm worried about the things that will fix themselves, and i'm in denial about the things I might need to actually examine. Anyone else on board with that? I can't be alone!

I spent last night curled up watching election returns. I really thought we would have a different outcome. However, God is sovreign, and though he protects his children, he also disciplines them, so perhaps the next 4 years our country can grow closer to Him and realize his will for our land and peoples.

Thus ends my 5 minutes of freedom this morning...

post signature

No comments: