Wednesday, April 21, 2010

OBC Shower

My family have been members of Ozark Baptist Church for over 50 years. I grew up spending a lot of time in those hallways and rooms- my Mom taught preschool there when I was younger, my Dad sang in the church choir for years, and my Mom was the church Pianist for a few years, as well. I am grateful for parents and grandparents who put going to church and knowing Christ as a priority in their lives- it truly influenced mine!

I was so happy to hear that Keith and I were to have a miscellaneous shower @ OBC. Here are some highlights!


Here we have my lovely Aunt Lori, my wedding director and family friend, Connie DeLoney and my Grammy chatting before the shower begins. 


Keith's sister and Mom were able to make the trip down, too. I loved the brown and green table decorations--my colors look good in that fellowship hall :)

 This is what I got to spend my morning doing--we were very blessed by the outpouring of gifts and love! And I'm sure Lorilyn felt blessed to write all the names and gifts down for us, too.

We were being silly, but I was really excited about that soap pump!

The gift table, punch table and sweet ladies and friends before the shower started

Here's a very awkward picture of me greetig some of the hostesses when I first arrived. I hate that I don't have a picture of the large flower arrangement behind Mrs. Q's head- the florals for this shower were amazing.

Mom and Lori in the thick of things

After the OBC shower, we had all the family over to our house for lunch. I love this picture, minus the plates and such. My Dad, my Aunt Lynn, Mimi and Keith's Mom Donna

This was the haul after we got the gifts back to Birmingham. From crystal to carpet cleaners, we really were thankful for the generosity and time with friends and family :)

No comments: