- HONEYMOON IS BOOKED! We will be spending 5 days and 4 nights at the Royal Cancun resort on the Mexican Riviera! I am super excited about spending a whole "week" doing absolutely nothing :) I am now on the hunt for a swimsuit...GULP!
- Save the Dates are addressed and mailed...just putting the address/return address labels on those babies took Keith and I the better part of a whole evening.
- Wedding Dress purchased :) No details, sorry- but trust me when I say, I knew it was the one when I saw it!
- Rooms reserved for our out of town family
- Appointments set for meetings with the photographer, cake artist and florist over President's Day weekend to finalize plans
- Master Thompson/Owens invite list finalized...that was a huge task! Kudos to my mom (Lisa) and Keith's mom (Donna) for their hard work :)
- Caterer booked for the reception
- Invitations ordered
- Napkins (embossed) ordered for the reception
- there is probably much more but I am frankly pretty tired at this point!
Fast forward about 10 days; my mom calls and tells me that a mysterious envelope has surfaced through the mail, addressed to me, but with a return address in Trusville. She opens and reads it to me over the phone- and my heart broke in a million pieces...it turns out our friend Robert has the same name (first and last) as another gentlemen....who has been dead since 1988. His poor, sweet wife had written a short note saying that she'd received the save the date, but "My husband Robert's been gone for years...and I miss him so." She wished us well in our marriage but I could have literally crawled in a hole and died. How horrible I felt! AWKWARD! Anyway, moral of the story: whitepages is not fool proof!!
And now, on to another day at school and work. No rest for the weary!