Friday, September 26, 2008

Ramble

Hooray :)




I miss $0.99/gallon gas. Let's just start off with that.

Today is a big FOOTBALL FRIDAY here at school (or it will be when school starts in an hour), and to me its quite interesting to observe. My high school never really won any football games, and so school spirit was something that never really caught on. Sure, we all wanted to beat the seniors at the pep rallies, but that was about it. It's also hard to have much school spirit when you have devastatingly unacceptable facilities and a police-state mentality from the administrators...but I digress....Here at BCHS, the kids love football. They make it to state every year, have top notch facilities and the pep rallies are like nothing i've ever seen. Kids care, and it's strange!!!! Today is officially the first "dress up day" for homecoming (which is next week), so the kids could wear jungle/animal attire or either a school tshirt and jeans (which are usually banned). This goes for faculty too, and although i'd probably make a rockin' lion, I opted for the school t-shirt and jeans. Comfy!

I am swearing off going to see my college alma mater play any more football games. The three I have attended as an alumni, we have lost (Arkansas 2006, NMSU 2007, LSU 2008). This is very sad for me, as I love going back to that college town and reminiscing. However, for the good of the team and conference, I feel this personal decision must be made and adhered to. I will have to resort to merely supporting my team through the attire I wear, and watching the game on HD TV at KO's house (when it doesn't conflict with bammernation). I will accept your condolences in the form of email, card or personal check. OOooh, or cash.

Today was the first day I turned the heat on in my car. It wasn't for but a few seconds, but mark it down. Next milestones to watch for: first time to wear a jacket, first time to wear thick socks on purpose, first time to wear long sleeves during the middle of the day and be comfortable.

Ah, Alabama!


post signature

No comments: