Here's a little Christmas survey to get you in the mood...maybe we'll all learn something, too :) This is busy season for grad-schooling choir teachers, so forgive the lack of creativity in this post.
1. Does your family send out Christmas cards? My mom sends out a family one, I think. Sometimes I send them out to friends, too.
2. How soon do you start shopping? This year, I had all presents BOUGHT and WRAPPED (except Keith's) before Thanksgiving. The key is to shop the sales all year.
3. Who do you shop for? Mom, Dad, Lorilyn, Grammy, Mimi, Keith..various others
4. Do you put up a Christmas tree? My family does. Since i'm technically still single and living on my "own", it really depends on the roommate I have. Carol (my roommate) has one up this year, so sure.
5. If so, is it fake or real? My parent's is always fake and pre lit, carol's is real.
6. Do you like tinsel? EW. No. I prejudge your Christmas tree if you use tinsel in a description.
7. Do you use homeade or storebought ornaments? Both. My parents still have all the ones Lorilyn and I made in preschool hanging on their tree.
8. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house? My parents opt for a spotlight and wreath on the door. I like it- it's classy.
9. Do you put lights on the tree? Mom and Dad's is prelit. It's all white lights, though- so they add a few multi strands
10. How about popcorn and cranberries? food on a tree?? is it 1930?
11. Is there a wreath hanging on your door? Yes!
13. Do you hang up your stocking? Technically? mom hangs our stockings up.
14. Does your family read "Twas the night before Christmas?" No, but each Christmas eve my dad gathers the 4 of us (plus whichever grandmother is down) to read the story of Jesus' birth form the bible.
15. Favorite Christmas Movie: Christmas with the Kranks or The Santa Clause (Original only!)
17. Favorite Christmas Song: That's a toughie! I like them all- minus o holy night. and christmas shoes. dear lord, i hate that song.
18. Favorite Christmas Memory : I remember getting a mini trampoline and thinking it was super awesome in like 1988. Also, the memories I have of my grandfathers at Christmas.
19. Give or Receive? both!
20. Eggnog or Cider? Cider, please. Hot Chocolate=even better.
21. Red or Green? both!
22. Ham or Turkey? Ham.
23. Star or Angel? Angel
24. White Lights or Colored Lights? COLORED
25. Blinking Lights or Still Lights: Still
27. What do you want for Christmas this year? Satellite Radio for my car amongst other things.
28. When do you open your gifts? Christmas morning, duh.
29. What's the best gift you've ever gotten? The bikes and the 2 story barbie house were awesome!
30. What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? Socks. Thanks, mom. Every year....
31. Who gives you the most gifts? Mom and Dad
33. Do you like wrapping gifts? Sure! Open bag, insert tissue paper!
34. Do you put change in those red buckets? Nope. I tithe.
35. Do you burn a yule log? Uh, it rarely gets cold enough at my parent's house in SE Alabama to do that.
36. Can you name all the reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen.....and of course, RUDOLPH. Yes, I sang the song as I typed.
37. Do you bake cookies? Sure. Cut and bake!
38. Have you ever seen your mommy kissing Santa Claus? um. no.
39. Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe? Yes! :)
40. Do you go caroling? Every day at work.
41. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights? always, with both Family and Keith.
42. Have you ever left Santa cookies? and a carrot for rudolph.
43. Have you ever sat on Santa's lap? sure. I have vague memories of this happening at Wiregrass Commons Mall in Dothan in the late 80's.
44. Who do you celebrate Christmas with? Mom, Dad, Lorilyn, one of my 2 grandmothers (dependent on year) and this year, Keith is coming, too :)
45. Where do you celebrate Christmas? 249 Trotman Dr!
46. Have you ever had a white Christmas? Nope. Had a white Dec. 22 (my birthday), though! I think I was turning 6 (1989?)
47. What part of Christmas do you look most foward to? Being with my family.
48. Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa? Yup.
49. Does your family always take a picture at Christmas? not really. We take them at Thanksgiving.