Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pre-Valentines Thought

I really like this picture. Circa 1985-86.
Sure, I'm chubby (some things never change), wearing red pantyhose (haven't done this since the 80s), and keeping an eye on my cabbage patch doll, but the best part of this picture is my dad. He is not much older than I am today, here (maybe 2 years or so). I know when we think of Valentine's Day we think of our significant others, and yes, Keith will get a post of his own too, but my Daddy taught me all about unconditional love years before I finally met the man of my dreams. He sacrificed a lot for my mom and me (and later, my sister), and to this day is my example of what a Godly man should be like. Also, he makes a mean omlette and gives the best hugs of anyone I know.
So, thanks, Dad for being my first valentine. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True, so true. :)