Monday, June 29, 2009

My favorite MJ

Out of the 4 celebrities that have recently passed away (Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon, and Billy Mays), Michael Jackson's death impacted me the most. Perhaps because I am a musician by trade, and he was a very talented songwriter. Also, I find the tragedies in his personal life and story upsetting, yet intriguing. I can remember watching the prime time TV premiere of "Black and White", and also tuning in to catch the high tech "Scream" when it debuted on MTV. Further back- "Bad" was released around the time I was entering kindergarten, and I remember kids singing it in P.E. class. My parents are the same age as MJ was, and grew up listening to the Jackson 5 and later Michael. Anyway- this post is turning to mush, so here's a clip of my personal favorite Michael Jackson song.


(just for the record and so I don't sound disrespectful to the others who passed, I have never bought oxyclean, prefer David Letterman to the tonight show/never won publisher's clearing house, and the only Farrah Fawcett movie I've ever seen was "Man of the House" in 1994, and I only watched that for the Jonathan Taylor Thomas factor :))





post signature

No comments: